Job Number : BEL-HN-21-779310 Position Title : Maintenance Management Specialist
Organization : USAG Benelux, Directorate of Public Works Duty Station : Brussels, Belgium
Special Info :
CANDIDATES WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED FOR THE POSITION NEED TO REAPPLY.
1. ORGANIZATION AND PLACE OF DUTY
US Army in Belgium is an American government agency whose mission is to provide logistical and administrative support to the US personnel at NATO and SHAPE in Belgium.
2. DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER
- Permanent, full-time (38 hours/week)
- Regular work schedule (Monday through Friday). Incumbent will be required to perform on-call duties after working hours, and during holidays and weekends (maximum 2 weeks per month).
- Salary: From 4,753.83 EUR gross/month
3. OTHER BENEFITS
- Meal vouchers (value of 8 EUR per worked day)
- Vacation and end of year bonus
- Hospitalization insurance (DKV)
- Supplemental Retirement Plan (Allianz)
- Minimum of 26 annual leave days per year
- 12 days of recuperation time (employee works 40 hours per week instead of 38 and receives a compensation of one day per month)
- Multicultural work environment
- English bonus if eligible. Applicants must pass the required English test prior to appointment (passing score is 60%, English bonus paid if the selectee scores at least 70%).
- On-call allowance during on-call status
WHO MAY APPLY? : European Union (EU) Nationals and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), Nationals residing in Europe, who do not need a Belgian work permit.
As a Maintenance Management Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Plan, direct, and manage the Brussels’ DPW Maintenance Division.
- Lead and coordinate the daily operation of the IFMM (Installation Facilities Maintenance Management) Program, ensuring that maintenance management for USAG Brussels’infrastructure, facilities, and related equipment meets service ability and readiness standards.
- Plan, complete and perform complex project assignments for rehabilitation, major repair, alteration, specification and construction of small projects in multiple engineering disciplines.
- Direct subordinates in engaging, leading, coordinating, sequencing, and scheduling shop operations and work flow; allocating and monitoring budget resources; monitoring production, quality, and customer service; analyzing data and trends (backlogs, efficiency, output, etc.); conducting and preparing local and demand studies; conducting briefings; and formulating recommendations regarding facilities maintenance, readiness, and planning.
- Formulate long and short-term plans to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned missions. Evaluate the organization's needs for resources (facilities, personnel, supplies, funding, etc.), ensure that necessary support is available, and plan for and manage the division's various accounts and budgets.
- Be responsible for surveillance of service contracts, contract construction projects, enforcement of contract warranties and promulgation of the value engineering program.
Qualification Requirements :
Applicants must meet Education level 2 (High Secondary School) and demonstrate at least one year of creditable experience. Creditable experience is work at a high level of responsibility in a closely related professional field that is in the same line of work as the position to be filled. The experience must demonstrate thorough knowledge, sound judgment, personal initiative, and the ability to make sound decisions. To be creditable, experience must have been equivalent to one year at least at the next lower grade level (BA-09). See last section of this announcement. Substitution of education: Not applicable at this grade level.
Selective Placement Factor :
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: - English: Excellent command required. - French: Very good command required. - Dutch: Very good command required.
DRIVER’S LICENSE : B required. The selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a government driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment :
1. HOW TO APPLY: Submit the following documents to the BENELUX Civilian Personnel Advisory Center, email: firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Application for Employment, AERSH Form 690-300 (application may be downloaded from https://acpol2.army.mil/vacancy/ln/ENGLISHApplicationForm-2017Version.docx). The form must be completed in English.
• Copy of diplomas.
• Copy of driver’s license.
2. REFERRAL AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
The Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) will review each application and will refer candidates to the management official who will make the final selection. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for position without regard to political, religious, or labor organization affiliation or non-affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, non-disqualifying physical disability, or age.
All qualified candidates will be referred in accordance with guidelines governing referral priorities:
Priorities are: Priority 1: European countries nationals who do not need a work permit. Priority 2: Other NATO Nationals other than US citizens who do not need a work permit.
No lower priority applicants will be referred if priority 1 are available.
The selectee :
• Will provide an extract of criminal record: “Modele 1”. This document may be requested to the local resident registration office.
• May be subject to a Foreign National Screening administrated by the SHAPE Belgian Police.
• Will pass an English test.
Knowledges, skills & abilities :
Knowledge of regulations, procedures, and methods and staff organizational relationships sufficient to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance programs and/or operations.
Technical skills and knowledge such as methods and practices relating to operation, maintenance, repair and improvement of facilities.
Knowledge of the techniques, material, and labor cost associated with facility management operations and maintenance.
Practical knowledge of conventional engineering principles, practices, materials cost and equipment, and the ability to read and interpret contracts, technical directives, plans and specifications.
Ability to perform independent analysis to resolve difficult issues and problems, involving maintenance processes, work methods, maintenance data management or day-to-day operational procedures.